This 8-week group will provide support, encouragement, and skills training to adults (aged 18+) with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
Despite the fact that it is fairly common (about 1 in 40 adults in the U.S. have OCD), many people with OCD try to hide their condition due to shame or embarrassment. Many also experience anxiety and depression and can become isolated, feeling like others don’t really understand how deeply their OCD impacts their lives.
While OCD can create significant challenges, it is treatable. This 8-week group is designed to give participants the tools and support they need to live happier, more fulfilling lives with OCD. The group will focus on:
- Discussion of techniques shown to be effective in reducing OCD symptoms, in particular Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP)
- Setting personal goals regarding progress you want to make with your obsessions and compulsions
- Incorporating mindfulness and values as ways to treat OCD
- Discussion of the challenges and frustrations of living with OCD, while also highlighting personal victories over OCD
- Supporting and learning from one another
When: September 25 – November 13
Day/Time: Wednesdays, 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Where: Market Street Center for Psychotherapy (Near 8th and Market St., San Francisco)
BART/Muni: Civic Center Station
Cost: $400 ($50 per session)
Fees should not prohibit anyone’s participation. If you need a reduced fee,
please contact the group facilitator to discuss.
This group will be facilitated by John “Andy” Bradshaw, Associate Marriage & Family Therapist #101571 (supervised by Dino Di Donato, MFT #39831). Andy focuses on the treatment of OCD and anxiety at Market Street Center for Psychotherapy.
For more information or to discuss participation, please contact Andy at (510) 599-9845 or email@example.com.