- This event has passed.
OCD Therapy Group
January 29 @ 7:00 pm - March 18 @ 9:00 pm$400
Despite the fact that Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is fairly common—roughly 1 in 40 American adults have OCD—many try to hide their obsessions and compulsion due to shame and embarrassment. Many people with OCD also suffer from depression and isolation, feeling like others don’t truly understand how deeply the condition impacts their lives.
While OCD can create significant challenges, it is a treatable condition. This 8-week group is designed to give participants the tools, support, and hope they need to live happier, more fulfilling lives with OCD.
The focus of the group will include:
- Discussion of techniques shown to be effective in reducing OCD symptoms, including Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP).
- Setting personal goals regarding progress you want to make with your obsessions and/or compulsions.
- Incorporating mindfulness and values as a way to treat OCD symptoms.
- Discussion of the challenges of living with OCD while also highlighting personal victories over OCD.
- Supporting, encouraging, and learning from one another.
Dates: January 29 – March 19
When: Wednesday evenings, 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Where: Market Street Center for Psychotherapy (Near 8th and Market St., San Francisco)
BART/Muni: Civic Center Station
Note: Fees should not prohibit anyone’s participation. If you need a reduced fee, please contact the group facilitator.
The group will be facilitated by John “Andy” Bradshaw, Associate Marriage & Family Therapist #101571 (supervised by Dino Di Donato, LMFT #39831). Andy focuses on the treatment of OCD and anxiety at Market Street Center for Psychotherapy.
For more information or to discuss participation, please contact Andy at (510) 599-9845 or firstname.lastname@example.org.