For a free 15-minute phone consultation or to schedule an appointment, contact Dino at 415.431.3466.
Is your child acting out, or is your family facing difficult changes?
I support parents and children to address recurring conflict, understand each other better, and work through major changes like relocation, separation, divorce, and new marriages. As strong supporters of the right for same-sex couples to marry, I also work with nontraditional families of all configurations to plan for parenthood and navigate unique parenting challenges and arrangements.
As a family therapist, I will support you to talk to each other directly about conflict and misunderstandings. I’ll provide a safe and structured environment to address these misunderstandings as they happen in the present moment, and will help you cultivate active listening and effective communication skills that you can practice in your daily life outside of sessions.
Children and Teenagers
While there is transformative power in a family’s commitment to attend therapy together, I also provide individual therapy for children and teenagers around a wide range of issues including:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Attention-Related Disorders (ADD/ADHD)
- Social Anxiety and Isolation
- Coming Out and LGBTQQI* Identity Issues
- Neurodiversity and Autistic Spectrum Expressions
- Drug Experimentation or Addiction
- Learning About Sex and Healthy Boundaries
- Suicidal Thoughts or Attempts
I provide some case management services with the academic and legal systems. This includes:
- Collaborating with schools to develop and implement IEPs
- Helping you navigate interactions with the legal system, juvenile detention, and probation
*Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, and Intersex